Christmas was a largely handmade affair at our house this year, and one of my last finishes of the year was a table runner for my mother-in-law.
This project used only fabrics from my stash, in various shades of blue and neutral. My daughter thought it was hilarious, because she was able to point out all the clothes she owned that were made in the same fabrics, like these shorts, and this skirt and blouse set. It also uses fabric from a blue cross quilt I made last year.
This is one of the most satisfying parts of quilting because you really do get to use up every bit of fabric that you have.
This project is also a little bittersweet, because a number of these fabrics came from my participation in the Warp & Weft Sewing Society. Warp & Weft, an online fabric shop is closing on January 10 (there are some great deals until then) and so the Sewing Society will be no more. But it sure was fun while it lasted.
Hope you are having a great New Year!
- Full Bloom in Indigo from the Wildwood collection by Elizabeth Olwen for Cloud9 Fabrics.
- Essex linen in Natural by Robert Kaufman Fabrics.
- Bella Flower in Blue by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham Fabrics.
- Crosshatch Sketch in Royal by Timeless Treasures.
- Various Kona solids in shades of blue.
Size: About 15″ by 45″.
Block: Wonky star.
Cost: Fabric: 0$ (all from my stash).
Sewing Level: Adventurous beginner.